photo shop_zps4e91b29b.jpg  photo about_zpsab9889c9.jpg  photo contact_zpsf03ef059.jpg  photo Untitled-2_zps43e03738.jpg

Tuesday 16 October 2012

My Hair Idols


 I've always been a little bit odd with my hair obsession. I remember when I was about 4 or 5 and seeing a bald lady, immediately I knew I wanted my hair like that! So I got my hair cut as short as my mum would let me. I'm sad to say I've never actually had my hair completely shaved off, over the years my attachment to my hair has increased and I've never had the balls to go the whole hog and just shave it. I have had a mohican and one side of my head shaved though.

These days my hair obsession has progressed to dyed hair. It's been about 13 years since my hair has been it's natural colour. I've been every colour possible, including grey which is one of my favourites.

I'd like to share my hair obsession with you and show you a few of my hair style idols!


1. Ursula from the Little Mermaid - I know she's a bit of a bitch, but she's by far the most glamorous disney character. How the hell does she keep her hair so voluminous under water? She probably has some secret hair spray she's not telling the rest of us about.

2. Daphne Guinness - I couldn't decide whether to pick Daphne or Susan Death. They both have kick ass skunk hair. I like to imagine she sprays enemies with her stink if they get too close.

3. Yolandi Visser from Die Antwoord - Yolandi is one of the most entertaining celebrities ever. I love her fashion sense and love her hair even more. I often wish I'd suit a short extended fringe like hers.

4. Hayley Williams from Paramore - To me this girl always looks classy and beautiful, no matter how messy her hair is. She's always got a smile on her face. I love her hair, especially when it's bright ginger because she reminds me of my bestie Ginge.

5. Kelly Osbourne - This girl has had some style and hair disasters, but I adore the way she has her hair these days. She seems to stick to greyish pink and purple tones which compliment her lovely English Rose skin so well.

6. Baby Vegan - (She posts a lot of vaginas and dead animals on her page, so don't click if you're at work) This girl is probably the closest the a real life mermaid you'll ever get. I love her matching brows & hair. Ever since I saw her tumblr I've been matching my brows to my bright hair colours, it makes such a difference!

7. Dita Von Teese - Dita just oozes class. I've never seen one hair on her head out of place. I think she's probably a mutant and her super human ability is to always have perfect hair.

8. Katy Perry - Katy seems to be rockin a new hair colour every month. I especially loved her with her turquoise hair. She always looks so pretty and fun.


28 comments:

  1. I love Yolandi...although I would look ridiculous with her hair cut it totally suits her.

    Dita Von Teese is my everything idol. She's always flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The band Robots in Disguise are usually rocking some form of awesome skunk-esque hair/amazing fringe.

    http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/16377209/Robots+in+Disguise+rid.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I do like her hair, is her music as good as her fringe? If so, I might have to give them a listen.
      And Yolandi is so freakin awesome, not everyone can look that cool with that haircut and a spongebob squarepants onesie

      Delete
  3. What a cool post!!! I love your picks, and you would be on my list for sure!! I used to have the brightest orange I have ever seen on the sides of my head. I loved that dye so much, it was called "nirvana" and I kept it fresh looking all the time.....which unforunately made my hair break :'( worst day of my life. These days I keep it blackish/blue because dark colors don't seem to damage my hair as much.
    I would kill for your hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so sweet! If only you could see how messy my hair is most days haha!!
      Awww did you have to bleach it lots to keep it orange? Luckily cause I keep my hair short it's not started snapping yet

      Delete
    2. Yep, it was the bleach. It was awful. My hair was actually stretchy, like rubber.

      Delete
  4. Haha you crack me UP! I love this post. I also haven't had my 'natural' hair color for a very, very long time. To be honest, I probably feel a lot more natural in crazy colors than with my own homegrown black hair. Great idol choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I don't feel myself without a silly hair colour haha

      Delete
  5. DUDE! I agree with all of these (and my my my number 6 does post some interesting stuff .hehehe, can't wait to read it all.
    I love that you put Ursala in there, cos she is a drawn character and doesn't actually have hair, she's a cartoon so our hair can never be as rad as hers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, Ursula has the advantage of not having unruly real hair so every day is a good hair day for her!

      Delete
  6. This is awesome! The most random and bad ass hair idols. I too am hair obsessed. Now I need to think about the idols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see who your hair idols are! I'm obsessed with beautiful haired people.

      Delete
  7. Newest follower here! Cute blog, I can't wait to read more.
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping by and introducing yourself :) I'll make sure I have a look on your blog too!

      Delete
  8. AH SO AGREE - I adore adore adore Yolandi, her music is rockin' too, and her style, ugh not many people can pull it off but i send major kudos to those who can hahah!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's amazing isn't she! Die Antwoord never fail to cheer me up

      Delete
  9. This is such a cute post! I would love to dye my hair bright colors but I'd lose my job. I won't be there forever though, so maybe someday before I get too old I can have colored hair. When I was in the 7th grade I used to color my hair with Crayon markers every color of the rainbow. I have been dying my hair since then! Thanks for your comment on my VLOG today. :) I do enjoy the outfit posts. Have one scheduled this Friday actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're NEVER going to be too old for bright coloured hair! I'm going to be bright coloured until i'm 100 haha

      Delete
  10. Love this! I am also totally hair obsessed. I miss having colorful hair but I've never had a good blonde till now so I'm savoring it for a while because once it's gone, it's gone. For me, Cruella Deville definately has my Disney fav hair. Kelly Osborne and Katy Perry are also great hair picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I do love Cruella and her skunk hair too. Your blonde looks so lovely! Blonde is so hard to get the right shade

      Delete
  11. Love Yolandi! And Katy Perry :] I shaved my head a few times in high school. I was a pretty die hard punk rocker back then. Well, I wasn't completely bald, I had straight bangs going across and one long bang on each side. In my senior photo, my hair is grown out a little bit, like 2 inches or so. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god I need to see pictures of this!!! That sounds amazing

      Delete
  12. I just love Kelly Osbourne's hair! I wish I could rock it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, these days my aim is to get mine the lovely pinky/purpley grey that she has. She looks so stunning at the moment!
      You could definitely rock that hair style & colour too!!

      Delete
  13. I love Katy Perry's and Kelly Osbourne's hair, super pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Kelly's purple hair!! I kinda want to dye my hair! But I probably won't! It has taken me forever to grow out my natural hair color! And Dita Von Teese is just an absolute favorite of mine!! Ah, I've been obsessed with her since she was dating & married to Marilyn Manson! Great post!

    ReplyDelete