This recipe is based on this wonderful recipe from The Ethical Chef.
- 225g Grated carrots
- 170g Dried apricots, cut into little pieces
- 280g Self raising flour
- 150g Cane sugar
- 80g Desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 200g Vegan margarine
- 200ml Orange juice
- Pinch of salt
- A few walnuts to decorate (optional)
I used this recipe for the frosting.
- Preheat the oven to 170C (325F).
- Simmer the orange juice and chopped dried apricots in a pan for 5-10 mins (until the apricots begin to soften). Allow to cool.
- Mix the margarine and sugar together in a bowl. Add the grated carrots.
- Add the cooled juice/apricot mixture, sift the flour, salt and spices in and mix.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cakes and bake for 12-18 mins.
- Allow to cool before frosting & decorating.