I made these cookies on friday for my mum and her friends, and I have to say, I'm kind of impressed with how they turned out.
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 120g soya spread or dairy free alternative
- 65g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs orange juice (add more if mixture is too dry)
- 200g smashed up plain chocolate
- the zest of an unwaxed orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180c
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Cream the sugar, orange juice, orange zest and melted soya spread in and add to the flour mixture. Mix it all together.
4. Form a ball of dough, roll it out onto a floured surface using a floured rolling pin. Until the dough is 1/4-1/2 an inch thick. Cut out whatever shapes you want.
5. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 8-12 mins until the edges are slighly brown/
7. Leave at least 10 minutes to cool, then NOM THEM ALL!