When I saw that Phase Eight were hosting a blogging challenge I couldn't resist getting involved. I've never really done any blogging challenges like this before, but my with my love of styling and Phase Eight clothing, I just couldn't resist!
The challenge is to create the perfect party outfit, so I chose an outfit I would wear to a Christmas party. In choosing this outfit, I tried to achieve the vintage, retro look. I would team it with an orange-red lipstick and pin curled hair. I also chose this look because I think would be flattering to most body types and create an hourglass figure.
1. Martha Floral Blouse - I love combining soft, dreamy blues with wicked and bold purple tones, I think they really compliment each other. So when I saw the blueish flowers in the top I knew straight away I needed to add a touch of blue to this outfit to bring out the blues in this blouse.
I'm completely in love with the blouse, it's exactly the kind of thing I would wear dressed up with a pencil skirt and some heels, or dressed down with jeans and ballet flats.
2. Bianca Crepe Skirt - The purple in this skirt matched the blouse so perfectly that I just had to include it. It's slightly flared so leaves plenty of room for dancing the night away! It's perfect for office parties, because you can team it with a shirt during the day, then add a girly top for the party.
3. Half Transfer Cardigan - This cardigan brings out the beautiful blues in the blouse,. It also looks super comfy too. Cardigans like this are a wardrobe must have, you can laze about in them all day and team them with a beautiful dress or skirt for a more dressed up look.
4. Glitter Platform Shoes - It's almost time for the Christmas Party season, so how could I not include a bit of sparkle? I love the colour of these glittery shoes, they're a muted bronze so they aren't too "in your face" and will match almost every colour combination.
5. Plaited Necklace - This necklace adds a bold but girly statement. It's a lovely matte gold and matches the beige bag and beige tones in the blouse.
6. Thandie Clutch Bag - I wanted to keep the accessories simple as there are so many colours, textures and patterns going on in this outfit. I thought this bag complimented the shoes and necklace so well.