Remember my Lemon Curd recipe last week? Well, I had some left over blueberries so I thought I'd do a bit of a curd experiment. I love how this turned out, it's sweet, tangy and rich. It's glorious, deep red colour puts me in the mood for Christmas. I made some beautiful blueberry tarts using it during the week too. I just need to perfect my pastry and I'll share my tart recipe with you guys too!
2 cups blueberries
1 & 1/2 cup lemon juice
The zest of 2 lemons
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp Cornflour
2 tbsp Coconut cream
2 tbsp dairy free butter/margarine
1/4 tsp salt
- In a saucepan, heat the lemon juice, sugar, zest, salt and blueberries.
- Gradually sift in the cornflour while constantly stirring.
- When the blueberries turn to mush and the mixture is thickened and bubbling, add the coconut cream and butter/margarine. Turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Continue to heat until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Turn off the heat
- Pour part of the mixture into a fine metal sieve and press through into a heat proof bowl. Continue to do with with the whole mixture.
- Add the sieved mixture to a heat proof container to cool. Refrigerate once cooled.